Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Things I have learned from this



A India gauze skirt transformed with wool into yardage
that could be a shawl/wrap.....The look and pattern suggests a country farm girl.....















 



"GYPSY ROSE" 
a rosiewildwoman creation


Took A Nehru long jacket I had and made a pattern and then cut the yardage into the pattern.  However....not enough yardage to get the length I wanted.  So I marked the pattern and took prefelt and extended the right and left front and the back....However I had to match the upper design....So I laid out green and raspberry cheese cloth, patches of left over non-felted material, tencel and black wool on the prefelt and felted it to the short vest....Then I thought I would throw it in the dryer to full it some more with tennis balls....Pulled it out and thought I was done but I wasn't...the added prefelt was not felted enough, so I soaped it up again and proceeded to full some more.  Finally it was done.....I could go into detail of all the stitching and fitting and cutting, and manipulating and fussing to get it to fit right on me but finally the country farm girl became:



However I had to match the upper design....So I laid out green and raspberry cheese cloth, patches of left over non-felted material, tencel and black wool on the prefelt and felted it to the short vest....

created lower design to match upper
upper design I had to match




No comments:

Post a Comment